Tuesday, April 7, 2009

General Conference Weekend

This past weekend was the 179 Annual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was able to learn so much this past weekend. You can view it in english at http://lds.org/move/index.html?type=conference04-2009&event=april179&lang=english

I had many favorite talks was from President Thomas S. Monson from the sunday morning session. He told a story about a woman from Prussia who had to leave her home. She lost her husband during WWII and she had to make the trek to Germany with her four children by herself. On the way to Germany, all four of her children died. She wanted to committ suicide but she felt compelled to pray. And she did. While she was praying, she felt God say that He loved her. How often do we feel that God has abandoned us? He hasn't. He is there waiting to listen to our prayers.

My favorite song during this past conference was "My Redemeer Lives" by the Mormon Tabernacle. They sang it during the Saturday Morning Session of Conference. It is q short song but I really like the arrangment. It was beautiful.

I'm thankful for a prophet today-- one that speaks the words that God and Jesus Christ would say to us. God has always had prophets on the earth, and I truely believe that God has a living prophet today. He gives us peace and counsel in a world that is full of trials. I'm am greatful for that and I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet.

No comments:

Post a Comment