Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Insights to the Creation




Section 59 of the Doctrine and Covenants is great. It talks about the Sabath Day, worshiping God, and the blessings there in.

In verse 16 it says, "as ye do this, the fulness of the Earth is yours, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and that which climbeth upon the trees and walketh upon the earth." But what is "this?"

This is worshiping God on his Sabath Day, offering sacraments, confessing sin, fasting, and rejoicing with thanksgiving. God explained the blessing of keeping the Sabath Day holy.





I also like verse 20 which says, "And it pleaseth God that he hath given all thses things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgement, not to excess, neither by extortion." We will be blessed with the "fulness of the Earth" if we keep the sabath day but we are not to use it unwisely. God is pleased when we use the Earth for our benefit but it is not to "excess" or by "extortion." What does that mean to you?

To me, it means that I should not be wasteful. I should be economical in the things I buy and use. I should recycle and love nature. I'm greatful for the Earth and its beauty. I'm thankful to God, who gave us life on this Earth that we might learn, grow, and return to him through His Son, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment