Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Beginning of Dave's Religion Blog

Hello! I'm David Sessions. I am a student at Brigham Young University. I am currently in a religion class in which we have a project to blog for the entire semester. This blog will mostly be about religion, my personal thoughts about religion, and what role it plays in my life. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. In other words, I am a Mormon.

The idea for this project came from a talk given by Elder M. Russell Ballard. He is an apostle of Jesus Christ. In our church we believe that Jesus has established his Church again and called twelve apostles. Elder Ballard is one of these men.

His talk, "Sharing the Gospel Using the Internet" suggests to engage in conversations over the internet about our church. In this way people have opportunity to see how our church effects individual lives.

When I was in Poland serving a mission, I was talking with some people who were interested. They wondered who we were, what we were doing, and they wanted to see if it was for them. Unfortunately, after our first conversation, they went home, looked up Mormon on the internet and found loads of false information.

Therefore, it is my goal to show how the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints effects my life. Hopefully others, with the help of this blog, may see past the false misconceptions and truely understand my beliefs.

Mam nadzieje tez pisac troche po polsku aby miec rozmowy z polakami na te temat. Jestem troche ograniczony jezykiem polskim ale chce tak sie starac

Here are some helpful links:

www.mormon.org
www.mormoni.pl
www.lds.org

Here is the link to Elder Ballards talk about sharing the gospel through the internet.

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=72443645a2cba110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1

2 comments: